The Signet 2552 Metal Magmeter features all-stainless steel construction. The PVDF nosepiece and FPM O-rings are the only other wetted materials. The 2552 installs quickly into standard ISO 7-R 1¼ or ISO 7-R 1½ (1¼ in. to 1½ in. NPT) pipe outlets, and is adjustable to fit pipes from DN50 to DN2550 (2 to 102 in.). Two sensor lengths allow maximum flexibility to accommodate a variety of hardware configurations, including ball valves for hot-tap installations.
When equipped with the frequency output, the 2552 is compatible with any Signet flow instrument, while the Digital (S3L) output enables multi-channel compatibility with the Signet 8900 Multi-Parameter Flow Controller. Select the blind 4 to 20 mA current output to interface directly with dataloggers, PLCs or telemetry systems. Key features include empty pipe detection, LED-assisted troubleshooting, and bi-directional span capability (in 4 to 20 mA models).
The Signet 3-0252 Configuration Tool is available to customize every performance feature in the 2552 so that it can be adapted to the user's application requirements.
• NIST test certificate included
• Award-winning hot-tapable magnetic flow sensor up to DN2550 (102 in.)
• Operating range: 0.05 to 10 m/s (0.15 to 33 ft/s)
• Reliable operation in harsh environments
• Three output choices: frequency, digital (S3L), or 4 to 20 mA
• Patented Magmeter technology
• Repeatable: ±0.5% of reading @ 25°C
• ISO or NPT Threads
• The electromagnetic insertion flow sensor shall generate an electrical signal proportional flow velocity from a range of 0.15-33 feet per second. The output signals shall be optional 4-20 mA analog, or digital S3L / open-collector pulse with maximum pull-up voltage of 30 vdc, and a maximum current sink of 50 mA.
• Sensor shall operate with a power input of 5 – 26.4 vdc, with a maximum current draw of 15 mA.
• The microprocessor based sensor shall include Empty Pipe Detection, LED-assisted troubleshooting, and Bi-Directional span capability (in 4-20 mA models). An optional USB to Digital (S3L) Configuration/Diagnostic Tool shall be used to span (in 4-20 mA models), and/or customize performance features including Noise Rejection Filter, Low Flow Cutoff, Averaging Time, and Sensitivity.
• The accuracy will be ±2% of measured value (in reference conditions where the fluid is water at ambient temperature, the sensor is inserted at the correct depth and there is a fully developed flow profile which is in compliance with ISO 7145-1982 (BS 1042 section 2.2). Linearity of the output signal with respect to the flow rate shall be +/- 1% of reading plus 0.033 ft/s, with a repeatability of +/- 0.5% of reading @ 77°F.
• Three optional sensor lengths shall allow the flow sensor to install into standard 1¼ in. or 1½ in. pipe outlets. Optional sensor lengths will allow adjustability to fit pipes from 2 to 102 inches, and to accommodate ball valves for hot-tap installations.
• The sensor shall not create a pressure drop of >1 psi at any flow rate.
• The sensor body shall be 316L Stainless Steel body that shall accommodate up to 300 psi @ 77°F, 20 psi @ 185°F.
• The sensing electrodes shall be 316L Stainless Steel surrounded by PVDF insulating nose piece.
• Sensor shall have the following standards and approvals CE, UL, NEMA 6 , EN61326: Immunity and Emissions for Control Equipment, and U.S. Patent No. 7,055,396 B1.
• The flow sensor shall be a Georg Fischer Signet model 2552 or equal.
• Municipal Water Distribution
• Process and Coolant Flow
• Chemical Processing
• Mining Applications
• Water Process Flow