Setra’s Model 278 is the ideal solution for measuring barometric pressure for remote environmental applications. The 278 is designed using the SETRACERAM™ ceramic sensor, enabling it to meet stringent accuracy requirements over wide operating temperatures in remote applications. The small footprint and removable terminal block on the 278 makes installation fast and easy. The 278 is ideal for solar powered applications because of its low power consumption and sleep mode feature. Under normal operation, this feature minimizes current draw when readings are not being taken.
Designed for Remote Sensing Applications - The Model 278 pressure transducer is designed to be used in remote applications that require low power consumption. Its sleep mode feature allows for instant startup and fast readings.
Improved Performance with Ceramic Sensor - The 278 utilizes a variable capacitance sensor that is made using ceramic material fused together with glass and gold to form the SETRACERAM™ pressure element. This stable material and design offers class leading thermal performance and low hysteresis, allowing it to be integrated into demanding installations. The ceramic sensor enables improved performance compared to other stainless steel sensors, enabling the 278 to give accurate measurements and better test results.
Flexibility in Installation - The Model 278 is designed with a compact footprint for quick installation. The removable terminal block provides easy wiring. Its mounting holes are designed to fit industry standard grid systems to maximize the use of panel space while minimizing your time at the job site.
• Long-Term Stability: 0.1 hPa/mB Per Year
• Sleep Mode for Instant Startup
• Removable Terminal Strip Module for Easy Wiring
• Footprint Configured for Easy Drop-In Replacement
• Calibration NIST Traceable
• Wide Operating Voltage 9.5 to 28 VDC
• Ideal For Automated Weather Stations
• Low Power Consumption
• Relied On For Severe Weather Detection
• Meets CE Conformance Standards
• Automated Weather Stations (AWS)
• Data Buoys and Ships
• Agriculture Metrology System
• AWOS/ASOS Systems
• High Accuracy Barometric Pressure Measurement