The Series A3000 Photohelic® Switch/Gages function as versatile, highly repeatable pressure switches combined with a precise pressure gage employing the time-proven Magnehelic® gage design. The Photohelic® switch/gage measures and controls positive, negative or differential pressures of air and compatible gases. Standard models are rated to 25 psig (1.7 bar) with options to 35 (2.4) or 80 (5.5 bar) psig. Two phototransistor actuated, DPDT relays are included for low/high limit control. Easy to adjust set point indicators are controlled by knobs located on the gage face. Individual set point deadband is one pointer width - less than 1% of full scale. Set points can be interlocked to provide variable deadband - ideal for control of fans, dampers, etc. Gage reading is continuous and unaffected by switch operation, even during loss of electrical power. Choose from full scale pressure ranges from a low 0-.25 in (0-6 mm) w.c. up to 30 psi (21 bar).
• Bezel and front cover (with set point knobs and zero adjustment screw) removed to expose Photohelic® switch/gage set point mechanism. Cover is clear polycarbonate plastic.
• Gage pointer and light shutter are mounted on helix and balancing counterweight.
• Light shield effectively protects phototransistors from strong outside light sources yet allows free pointer movement. It also gives interior a clean "finished" look.
• Optical limit switches are used for reliability and long service life. Attached directly to set pointers, they are individually aligned to assure precise switching accuracy.
• Semi-Flexible drive shaft connects to set point knobs.
• Zero adjustment screw connects to screw in cover to adjust zero pressure reading.
• Plastic enclosure protects electronic components and electrical connections.
• Polycarbonate connection or terminal board is self-extinguishing.
• Glass epoxy printed circuit boards for durability and permanence.
• Load relays are DPDT with latching feature for maximum application versatility.
• Electronics are designed to operate on 50/60 Hz, 120 volt current with 10% over or under voltage. Special units for other voltages are available.
• Switch set pointers show switch settings at all times.
• Spring loaded friction clutch prevents operator damage of set point mechanism.
• 3-in-1 instrument allows the reduction of several instruments with one product, saving inventory, installation time and money.
• Patented design and 1% full scale dead band provides quick response to pressure changes means no delay in switching and chatter-free operation.
• A wide range of models that can meet pressure measurement specifications from low to very high.
|Service||Air and non-combustible, compatible gases|
|Wetted Materials||Consult Factory|
|Accuracy||±2% of FS at 70°F (21.1°C). ±3% on -0 and ±4% on -00 models|
|Pressure Limits||-20" Hg. to 25 psig (-0.677 to 1.72 bar). MP option; 35 psig (2.41 bar), HP option; 80 psig (5.52 bar)|
|Temperature Limits||20 to 120°F. (-6.67 to 48.9°C). -20 to 120°F (-28 to 48.9°C) with low temperature option|
|Process Connections||1/8" female NPT|
|Size||4" (101.6 mm) dial face, 5" (127 mm) O.D. x 8-1/4" (209.55 mm)|
|Weight||4 lb (1.81 kg)|
|Switch Type||Each setpoint has 2 Form C relays (DPDT)|
|Repeatability||±1% of FS|
|Electrical Rating||10 A @ 28 VDC, 10 A @ 120, 240 VAC|
|Electrical Connections||Screw terminals. Use 167°F (75°C) copper conductors only|
|Power Requirements||120 VAC, 50/60 Hz; 240 VAC & 24 VAC power optional|
|Mounting Orientation||Diaphragm in vertical position. Consult factory for other position orientations|
|Set Point Adjustment||Adjustable knobs on face|
|Agency Approvals||CE, CSA, UL|
• Air Conditioning Systems
• Clean Rooms
• Fume Exhaust Systems