Rugged and reliable the Series L4 Flotect® Float Switch operates automatically to indicate tank level. Perfect for starting or stopping pumps, opening or closing valves, or actuating level alarm signals. A unique magnetically actuated switching design gives superior performance. There are no bellows, springs, or seals to fail. Instead, the free-swinging float attracts a magnet within the solid metal switch body, actuating a snap switch by means of a simple lever arm. Float arm hinge design limits the arm angle to prevent vertical hang up.
• Leak proof body machined from bar stock
• Choice of floats dependant on maximum pressure and specific gravity
• Weatherproof, designed to meet NEMA 4
• Installs directly and easily into tank with a threaded branch connection or flange
• Electrical assembly can be easily replaced without removing the unit from the installation so that the process does not have to be shut down
• Horizontal installation or optional top mount vertical installation
• Unique magnetically actuated switching design gives superior performance
• No bellows, springs, or seals to fail
• Free-swinging float attracts a magnet within the solid metal switch body, actuating a snap switch by means of a simple lever arm
• Float arm hinge design limits the arm angle to prevent vertical hang up
|Service||Liquids compatible with wetted materials|
|Wetted Materials||Float and Rod: 316 SS;
Body: Brass or 316 SS standard;
Magnet Keeper: 430 SS standard, 316 SS or nickel optional.
|Temperature Limits||4°F - 275°F (-20°C - 135°C) standard, MT high temperature option 400°F (205°C) (MT option not UL, CSA, ATEX or IECEx).
ATEX and IECEx options:
Ambient temperature -4°F - 163°F (-20°C - 73°C);
Process temperature -4°F - 163°F (-20°C - 73°C)
|Pressure Limit||Brass body 1000 PSIG (69 Bar), 316 SS body 2000 PSIG (138 Bar). Standard float rated 100 PSIG (6.9 Bar). For other floats, see options|
|Enclosure Rating||Weatherproof and Explosion-proof. See Data Sheet for full rating.|
|Switch Type||SPDT snap switch standard, DPDT snap switch optional|
|Electrical Rating||UL, FM, ATEX and IECEx models: 10 A @ 125/250 VAC (V~).
CSA models: 5 A @ 125/250 VAC (V~); 5 A res., 3 A ind. @ 30 VDC.
MV option: 1 A @ 125 VAC (V~); 1 A res., .5 A ind. @ 30 VDC.
MT option: 5 A @ 125/250 VAC (V~). (MT and MV option not UL, CSA, FM, ATEX or IECEx)
|Electrical Connection||UL and CSA models: 16 AWG, 6" (152 mm) long. ATEX and IECEx units: terminal block|
|Conduit Connection||3/4 in (19.05 mm) female NPT standard or M25 with -BSPT option|
|Process Connection||1-1/2 in (38.10 mm) male NPT or 1-1/2 in (38.10 mm) male BSPT standard,
2-1/2 in (63.50 mm) male NPT or 2-1/2 in (63.50 mm) male BSPT standard optional floats
|Mounting Orientation||Horizontal installation standard, optional vertical top mount|
|Deadband||3/4 in (19 mm) for standard float|
|Specific Gravity||0.7 minimum with standard float. For other floats see Options/Accessories page|
|Weight||4 lb 9 oz (2.07 kg)|
|Agency Approvals||ATEX, CE, CSA, FM, IECEx, UL**|
|**No Housing Option (-NH) has no approvals|
• Direct pump control for maintaining level
• Automatic tank dump operations
• Control levels or provide alarms in sumps, scrubber systems, hydro-pneumatic tanks, low pressure boilers, and various water/wastewater treatment processes
• Level control
• Valve control