Seek Scan is a simple, low-cost, thermal imaging system designed to automate body temperature screening using skin temperature as a proxy. With ±0.3°C (±0.5°F) accuracy and the inclusion of a reference heat source, Seek Scan delivers the same performance as an infrared temporal thermometer – but automated from a safe social distance.
The system can be installed in lobbies, hallways and other key access points to help businesses, institutions and venues reopen a safer environment for their workforce, customers, members and patrons. Easy-to-install and easy-to-use, the system can be up and running in minutes with no special equipment or training. Additionally, Seek Scan can be integrated with access control and video management systems using our APIs available to integrators.
Seek Scan is specifically designed and calibrated to deliver accurate skin temperature measurements while enabling social distancing protocols. In seconds, the system automatically detects a face, identifies the most reliable facial features for measurement, and displays an estimated body temperature. A visual and audible alert is provided if someone is warmer than the customizable alarm temperature.
Unlike typical industrial thermal cameras, Seek Scan was developed for precise temperature measurement and maximizes accuracy by referencing a fixed heat source with a known temperature value. Seek’s patent-pending heat source allows Seek Scan to achieve much higher accuracy than a standard thermal imaging camera designed for industrial use. Any system that does not have a reference heat source does not follow new FDA guidelines published April, 2020, despite manufacturer claims. Further, these guidelines require the system to measure only one subject’s temperature at a time. Many systems on the market today measure multiple people in a scene.
The Seek Scan process provides an additional layer of preventive screening and can deliver more peace of mind to businesses, institutions and participants.
• Fast, automated screening
- In seconds, the system detects a face, finds the most reliable spot to measure and displays a pass/fail alert.
• Meets FDA guidelines
- Seek Scan meets the accuracy specification, includes a reference heat source and is made for single person screening.
• Enables social distancing
- Delivers the same performance as a temporal thermometer – but with a safe social distance
• Email Notifications
- Receive an email notification every time someone measures above the customizable alarm temperature.
• API Integration
- Send alarm events, stream, trigger access control and VMS, and pull data to integrate multiple Seek Scans into one enterprise solution.
- Affordable thermal screening system that meets FDA guidelines for initial body temperature assessment during the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency