The METTLER TOLEDO Thornton 2800Si Silica Analyzer is a reliable on-line instrument designed specifically for pure water treatment and power cycle chemistry monitoring. This Analyzer provides assurance of water purity to optimize ion exchange production of pure water and to minimize silica deposition in turbines. Early detection of trace contamination is enabled with minimal operator supervision.
• Ultrapure water monitoring at ppb silica levels. Silica breakthrough of polisher anion resin is detected at very low ppb levels and contaminated water can be diverted before it reaches critical areas.
• Pure water treatment anion exchange monitoring detects the first breakthrough of silica to trigger regeneration before contamination reaches subsequent treatment stages.
• Power steam quality monitoring protects turbines from silica deposition and resulting imbalance, loss of capacity and efficiency.
• Power condensate polisher monitoring can detect the need for regeneration at low ppb levels before feedwater is significantly contaminated.
• Automatic, unattended calibration – provides excellent repeatability and saves operator time
• Automatic zeroing with every measurement – assures measurement stability
• Convenient grab sample capability – allows measurement of additional samples for QC checks in other areas of the plant
• Simultaneous display of silica and measurement timing – provides convenient analyzer status at a glance, saving operator time
• Provides reaction chamber temperature measurement to assure reliable operation
• Full enclosure – safely protects reagent containers and components from plant environment without panel cutout
• Large reagent containers enable a long service interval—reduces maintenance time