The METTLER TOLEDO Thornton 3000CS Analyzer is an on-line instrument for direct measurement of chlorides and sulfates in pure water and power cycle chemistry samples. The analyzer continuously monitors these highly corrosive contaminants to assist in corrosion control and minimizing damage to critical power plant equipment. Early, unambiguous detection of trace levels of chloride and sulfate ions is provided with minimal operator supervision.
• Turbine inlet monitoring: Confirm the steam entering the turbine has chloride and sulfate levels within limits.
• Boiler feedwater monitoring: Ensure low ppb level contaminants in the water and steam cycle.
• Condensate monitoring: Detect breakthroughat condensate polisher of contaminants and deterioration of sulfonated cation resin.
• Makeup water monitoring: Certify that chloride and sulfate levels are within acceptable limits before water is introduced in the water and steam cycle.
• Intuitive touchscreen interface
• Simultaneous display of ion concentrations and measurement timing
• Automatic calibration
• Analog outputs with choice of scaling
• Convenient grab sample capability
• Full enclosure
• Easy operation and display of trendlines for each measurement
• Provides convenient analyzer status at a glance, saving operator time
• Provides excellent repeatability and saves operator time
• Enables easy integration into data acquisition systems
• Allows measurement of additional samples or for QC checks
• Safely protects reagent containers and components from plant environment
|Limit of Detection||0.5 ppb|
|Accuracy||Chloride: ± 5% of reading ±0.5 ppb, typical
Sulfate: ± 5% of reading ±1 ppb, typical
|Measurement Cycle Time||45 min typical, programmable between 15 minutes and 1 hour|
|Sample Flowrate||25-50 mL/min|
|Sample Temperature||10-45 °C (50-113 °F)|
|Sample Pressure||0.3-7 bar (5-100 psig)|
|Grab Sample Measurement||100 mL capacity|
|Analog Outputs||8 Powered 0/4-20 mA, 22 mA alarm, 500 ohm max load, not for use with
externally powered circuit
|Analog Output Accuracy||±0.05 mA|
|Analog Output Scaling||Linear, bi-linear, logarithmic (1,2,3,4 decades), auto ranging|
|Relay CContacts||Mechanical rated at 250 VAC, 3 Amps (Relay 1 NC, Relay 2 to 4 NO), 4-SPDT
Type Reed 250 VAC or DC, 0.5 Amps (Relay 5 to 8)
|Operator Interface||Color touchscreen; simultaneous display of ion concentrations and
measurement or auto-cal timing status
|Process Connections||Sample inlet: 1/4” or 6 mm OD tube SS compression fitting
Drain hose: 19 x 25.4 mm (¾ x 1”), 2 m (6 ft) length included
|Power||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 100 W typical|
|Dimensions HWD||Enclosure: 927 x 508 x 305 mm (36.5 x 20.9 x 12”)|
|Weight||42 kg (93 lbs)|
|Ambient Operating Temperature||10-35 °C (50-95 °F)|
|Ratings/Approvals||CE, cULus pending|